HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 5

From:
"Walters, Robb" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walters, Robb
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:27:25 -0800
We are using VT-MGR

-----Original Message-----
From: Karman, Al [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 12:22 PM
To: Walters, Robb; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Reflections

Using telnet or NS/VT??

Al Karman

-----Original Message-----
From: Walters, Robb [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 2:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reflections

Any help on this issue will be much appreciated ---

Here's the problem....

We have approximately 10-15 users that are in the same dept.  These user's
are running either WIN95 or WIN2000 and REFLECTION ver. 8.01, 8.5 or 9.0.
There are numerous combination's between the WIN O/S and REFLECTION version,
i.e. a couple of user's are running WIN95 with REFLECTION version 8.5, a few
more are running WIN2000 with REFLECTION 9.0, a few more are running WIN2000
with reflection 8.01,  etc......

All of these user's are accessing our HP3000 via the network.    This
specific group of users are intermittently losing there connectivity to our
3000.  These user's were also just redirected from a crowded hub to their
own dedicated switch.  We thought that this may be the problem, but it
isn't.

So, with that said, does anyone have any thoughts as to why this may be
happening?  Are there any known network-O/S-version incompatibility issues??

Thanks,

Robb