HP3000-L Archives

March 1999, Week 1

Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 22:38:49 -0500
Thus it was written in the epistle of B T Vikram Kumar,
> Leonard Berkowitz wrote:
>
> > Operations Control Systems (OCS) Librarian will handle all of those. It's a very
> > richly featured product.
> >
> > HP has (had?) a product for this purpose, also.
> > ========================
>
> It is called Revision Control System (RCS)

That's free and on your system already and needs some pre- and post-processing
if it is to handle anything besides bytestream files.  They also have a product
which is not terribly well know called HPSRC.  I don't know how well it would
fit the need here as we were evaluating it for a different purpose.  I can tell
you that it knows nothing about Qedit files and so is not terribly useful for
the majority of our source code.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Serv, Southern Adventist University
Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign