HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 4

From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:21:35 -0800
>I have a print job that needs to print Portrait on a HP LJ 5simx, how do I
>change from Landscape mode to Portrait for this one printout? I have tried
>changing the default config. on the printer menu, it still prints out
>landscape.  Besides, I want the ability to print differently for any given
>printout.  There must be some control characters I can pass to the printer
>within each output file.
>
>TIA
>
>Bruce Storer
>Systems Administrator, Novice

Bruce-

Assuming you are referring to a LJ that is attached to a HP3000 on a network
connection, use an environment file.  You will find them in HPENV.SYS.  The
ones that work best begin with PCL.  If you need something a little
different, copy the environment file and modify it using the PCL escape
codes to make it do what you want.

Gary

Gary Jackson
Nevada CSOS