HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 4

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:32:01 -0700
I assume you are sending this output from your HP3000.  You can modify
your reporting program to imbed printer control sequences, but an easier
way is to create an environment file.  Use TTUTIL.PUB.SYS to create a
termtype file and associated VFC file.  In the VFC setup, there is a place
to specify an initialization sequence.  This is where you would enter the
escape sequence for the print attributes you want (see the appendix in
the LaserJet manual for the escape sequences).

Once you have created this file, you can attach it to your output with the
ENV clause on a FILE command, e.g.:

 FILE PRTFILE;DEV=<ldev>;ENV=<filename>

If you need help with the actual escape sequence, you can contact me
directly.

>>> Bruce Storer <[log in to unmask]> 02/27/98 02:48pm

I have a print job that needs to print Portrait on a HP LJ 5simx, how do I
change from Landscape mode to Portrait for this one printout? I have tried
changing the default config. on the printer menu, it still prints out
landscape.  Besides, I want the ability to print differently for any given
printout.  There must be some control characters I can pass to the printer
within each output file.

TIA

Bruce Storer
Systems Administrator, Novice