HP3000-L Archives

May 1997, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 16:22:33 -0400
Jeff Kell wrote:
> Jerry Mogelinski wrote:
> > Is there a way to do a showjob of just the Inbound Telnet Sessions
> > logged on an HP3000?
>
> Almost.  run sockinfo.net.sys.  Hit return to get one display, then
> press "F".  Then complete the following dialog:
>
> > Filter definition for Global Display
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > No filters enabled.
> >
> > Display system processes [y]? n
> > User filter [@.@]?
> > Program filter [@[log in to unmask]@]? jsmain.pub.sys

A quick clarification.  Someone else mentioned NSCONTROL STATUS, that
will show NS/VT sessions but not telnet sessions.  My method above will
show *host-based* telnet sessions for those listed with Sockets=1.  It
will also list some sessions with Sockets=0 - these are sessions using
NS/3000 services (RFA, RPM, [host] VT, etc).

I don't have a handy way to list DTC TAC-based telnet sessions on the
3000 (you can painstakingly identify them with OV DTC Manager).

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>