HP3000-L Archives

September 1996, Week 5

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 09:05:05 -0700
Denys writes, in part:

[really good stuff snipped]

>As for the few of you who are scared of moving from Windows 3.x to 95, shed
>your fears, as they are groundless.  If you have *real* questions and issues,
>e-mail me directly, I will do my best to help you.   But save your old wives
>tales, I have heard them all and they are all just that, old wives tales.
> Windows 95 is much superior to Windows 3.x, and NT 4.0 is even better.

I would like to echo Denys' thoughts here. We converted to win95 about 1
year ago and we have been absolutely delighted. We also just upgraded our
nt server to 4.0 with very good results. Some of our customers who were
early network adopters with DOS had been steering clear of rolling out
win 3.x (cost issue). Now with the success of win-95 they are making plans
to roll it out completely in their networked environments.

Duane Percox ([log in to unmask]  v/415.306.1608 f/415.365.2706)
http://www.qss.com/          http://www.qss.com/qwebs
http://www.qss.com/faq3k     http://www.qss.com/qsdk