HP3000-L Archives

September 1996, Week 5

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 17:38:15 -0600
Denys wrote quite an essay.  I am impressed.

Now I see why he didn't have time for the ODBC article for the SigIMAGE
Newsletter.  Too much Windows advocacy :-)

Hey, Denys: You can still squeeze it in.  We could certainly use a
well-written ODBC article in the SigIMAGE Newsletter.  And you are the best
at this!

I have no idea what kind of old Macs you use as your reference.  Let me
just address ONE (no pun intended) subject:  You keep banging (no pun
intended) on the "one-button" mouse.  I am puzzled, as I constantly use my
THREE-button mouse (nicely programmed to do a variety of useful things) on
my trusty PowerPC RISC Mac.  Which, by the way, is happily downloading, via
FTP, some files through Netscape 3.0, while printing a proof of the
SigIMAGE Newsletter from FrameMaker on ANOTHER building within Adager's
Intranet (via TCP/IP, of course).

I can see all of these things happening concurrently, with the MacOS's
multithreading capabilities, on my TWO 21-inch monitors (plus one 13-inch
monitor), all attached to the SAME Mac, which makes for a truly nice and
BIG distributed desktop.

Oh...  As I typed this, one of my Reflection windows just informed me that
an Adager test-run has finished.  I have to start another one...

Back from Adager (via Reflection on the Mac).  Today, I did it via TCP/IP
on our Intranet.  Recently, I did it via a serial connection from Europe.
No hassle (well, there was one hassle: I missed a theater performance with
my family because I decided to work on Adager instead).

Enough chatter.  I have to stay focused on my tasks.  Back to Adager work.

 _______________
|            r  |  Alfredo                     [log in to unmask]
|          e    |                           http://www.adager.com
|        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego               Tel 208 726-9100
|      a        |  Manager, Theoretical Group    Fax 208 726-2822
|    d          |  Adager Corporation
|  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.