HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 4

From:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:46:52 -0400
We are interested in measuring both physical and logical I/O on specific
files.  FILERPT v. 2.94 (Allegro) seems to operate on all files and then
highlight the big-time spenders.  It also requires that we trap FCLOSE
records in our log files.  We do not do this as we found that we quickly
ran out of disc space on log files!

Is there any method to get the data we want?  Tools we have and may not
be using to the fullest are Glance and SOS3000.

Thanks,

Leonard Berkowitz,
RIA Group (Warren, Gorham & Lamont)
617-292-8349 (E. D. T.)