HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 4

From:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 08:15:22 -0400
Have you tried FCOPY with the HEX;CHAR options?  I just did it with
QUERY.PUB.SYS and got some output.

Leonard Berkowitz
RIA Group (Warren, Gorham & Lamont)
617-292-8349

Subject: Printing Binary Files
Author:  Clint Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> at internet
Date:    06/24/96 4:09 PM

Can anyone tell me how to send a binary file to an attached HP printer?
FCOPY won't allow it because the spooled device is ASCII and it does
the conversion to ASCII, instead of sending the raw info to the printer.
We are trying to download a font file to an HP Laser printer and aren't
having much luck.  Any tips would be appreciated.
     Clint