HP3000-L Archives

September 1995, Week 2

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 06:22:46 -0700
I was discussing the new 9x8 machines today and we came across a question
that we couldn't remember the answer to.  The new boxes come with a UPS
for power failure.  The 3000 always had(?) the low voltage batteries to
keep memory stable for some period of time so you could get the power
back on and recover the memory.  I think this is why the XM works so well.

The question is "Do the new 9x8 machines still have this memory
battery?"  If so, why does the 9x8 include a 'free' UPS?  Is the UPS a
removeable option?

TIA,
Larry Boyd    <[log in to unmask]>