HP3000-L Archives

August 1995, Week 3

From:
Declan Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 1995 09:30:00 +0000
Glenn Mitchell wrote:

>  What advice do any of you have about migrating from 2P to 40?  If you
>  had experience migrating to 3P, how did it go?

We upgraded from 2P to 3P some months ago and had the following problems,

1.    As someone else stated Disc Caching had been omitted (in spite of us
having       a     Series 70 support contract).

2.  Spook did not work correctly (wrong dates displayed).

Both were fixed with patches supplied by the RC.

We have also found out later that if you are running FANTASIA on your
Classic machine it WILL NOT run correctly with the Version of SPOOK5
contained in the 3P (or I'm sure Release 40) as Proactive who support
FANTASIA in Europe told us there were no plans to inplement support of any
new versions of Spook).  So you will need to restore a copy of SPOOK5 from
your 1P FOS Tape or some other  earlier version of the FOS.

Otherwise I would expect you to have no other problems with the upgrade. We
have had no problems with any of our Applications or CSL Programs which we
run. Some of the Enhancements such as Generic Purge Command the CHGROUP
Command and the extensions to the LISTF Command have been very helpful for
us.

Hope this is of some help to up.

Regards.

Declan Hogan.