HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 3

From:
Jeff Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 21:14:12 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] says...

>I've heard from a number of people (thank you!) on this topic.
>But... I seem to be hearing more from the ones who chose Minisoft and
>the overwhelming reason seems to be price.
>
>Did anyone compare (however slightly) then go with Reflection?  Why?
>How do you feel about it now?
>
>And you Minisoft people, were there any problems you hadn't counted
>on?  Was it the right decision for your organization?
>
>We will have *one* opportunity to establish a "standard" for our
>network/system usage.  I'm hoping we can make the best choice for
>our processing needs.  (I'm trying to sound unbiased...is it working?)
>
>Thanks for any info you can provide!
>Debbie

> Debbie Blumenthal, Computer Services
> Conestoga College,  Kitchener, Ontario CANADA

***********************

Debbie,

We chose Reflection originally because it was the *only*
product which supported HP Blockmode including forms caching.
We needed those features to support the large application we
were acquiring.

Since then we have been very happy with the functionaility,
support, upgrade and enhancements, etc.  We have also kept
the price down by negotiating a "concurrent use" license
rather than continuing to buy individual copies.  We even
have arranged it so that we can support both PCs and MACs
within particular quantities (i.e. different versions of
their software).

Jeff Brown