HP3000-L Archives

September 2012, Week 1

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2012 13:36:56 -0400
If it is a driver/kernel issue you might want to pursue another
direction, but...

This can be caused by malware (installing wrong hooks if it interprets
OS version incorrectly), or by malware and subsequent OS updates
(changes the hooks), so it wouldn't be a bad idea to rule out that
possibility first.

There's a free "Windows Defender Offline"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Download it, burn a boot CD/DVD, and let it have a look.

Jeff