HP3000-L Archives

September 2008, Week 1

From:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:47:24 -0500
Hmmm, what if God created evolution?

-----Original Message-----
From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Kim Borgman
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [HP3000-L] OT - rebuttal

start with the second law of therodynamics...
law of biogenesis.  life is created by life.  not some chemicals.
laws of probability.

read any of the articles at www.drdino.com <http://www.drdino.com>
subscribe to their monthly scientific magazine where numerous articles
are
written by scientists with PhD's.

rate of change of salt in ocean.  being washed off the earth constantly.
points to 4/5,000 year age.
rate of change of the earth's magnetic field.

over 100 cultures/civilizations of the world with a verbal/written
'flood'
history.  Anything past that is impossible to prove due to it's effects
on
the earth.

layers of "millions' of year stone, with a fossilized tree trunk thru 3
layers.

read any of the following articles at www.creationism.org/griggs
<http://www.creationism.org/griggs> .  Just reading these are enough to
make
my point.  Lesson 3 points out the number of holes in evolution from the
point of view of the laws of science.  lesson 12 points to several
things
for a young earth, not an old one.  so does lesson 13.

----
-----------------------------

Points made by others:

yes, it is impossible to totally prove a theory, but entirely possible
disprove one.

i promised not to use Bible arguments to disprove evolution.  scientific
observations/reasoning are enough.  however, what you choose to believe
is
outside that realm.  I choose to belive in a creator and the bible.
either
you believe God created universe out of nothing, or it just evolved out
of
nothing.

an eye supposedly has evolved 4/5 times.  why did it evolve the same way
each time ?  talk about a probability jackpot.  If an eye's 'screen'
were on
the front or outside like a TV, how would the image get sent to the
brain ?
is it more protected on the outside/front of eye or the back inside of
the
eye protected by bone ?  Having suffered a detached retina, or 'screen',
would venture to say it's more fixable the way it is designed also.

i officiate HS sports.  basketball in Indiana.  so for over 30 years i
have
been 'attacked' verbally to say the least.  Using that in no way adds to
the
validity of any argument.  stick to scientific observations/reasoning.

----

Descarte the noted philosopher stated "it is truth very certain that;
when
it is not in our power to determine what is true, we ought to follow
what is
most probable"......  everyone makes a choice as to what they think is
the
most probable.