HP3000-L Archives

September 2006, Week 3

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:23:42 -0700
Ok, so I can see that the max connections is maxed at 128. How do I
increase that, and what impact will it have on the rest of the system?

Thanks,
Gordon

Gordon,

NMMGR
F1 -- open config
F2 -- NS
F2 -- Unguided config
F1 -- Netexport
F2 -- GProt
F2 -- TCP

Change the parameter, I would consider 512 minimum
Hit F6 to save the data (twice)

Go up to that command line and type in VAL and hit the block mode enter... or alt-Enter with Reflection

F1 -- Validate netexport

If good, try and exit out.

Now, stop and start the network... remember, everyone will be booted off.

Tada, your done.... I don't think you will see any effect on your network, other than fixing the problem at hand.

-Craig