HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 2

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:20:17 -0700
At 09:53 AM 8/12/2005, donna garverick wrote:
>--- Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > I'm hoping that as the time draws near, Congress will realise that
> > this is a pretty stupid idea and leave things as they are.
>
>i'm absolutely astounded that something like this could happen.  are
>the people in congress that so out-of-touch that they couldn't think
>thru this change and get an inkling of the impact?  and did no
>company/industry lobby against this?    - d 'dumbfounded'

if you remember, back in 1986 DST was extended a month from the end of
April to the beginning of April - this was supposedly to save energy, but
it was pushed through by the BBQ lobby so people would BBQ more.  Just be
glad you don't live in Indiana, if I recall correctly the parts of Indiana
in EST don't observe DST and the parts in CST do, so they are really messed up.