HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 2

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:42:35 -0500
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:27:56 -0500, Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I note with great astonishment, also, that the UN has taken the unusual
step
>of hiring an outside accounting firm to audit the flow of aid money and
>invesitage any reports of fraud. What astonishes me is that 1) it's unusual
>that they'd do that, and 2) they felt compelled to do so now.
>
>----------------
>
>Jay -
>
>This usually means the internal controls are too untrustworthy to
>rely on.  It is really sad that this organizaton which has so long
>been an example of humanitarianism has sunk so low.

Many companies hire outside auditors. And then still things happen like
ENRON.
Even the government and CIA hire "outsiders" to audit there flow of
information or money.
Results are usually the same as with the UN.
Just have to face it that many are corrupt. Believe it or not.
Even believers are.

Just my 0.02
Michael