HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 2

From:
"Reid E. Baxter" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 12 Aug 2004 12:29:56 -0400357_iso-8859-1 Randy Stanfield said:

> We've got a project being discussed that will require turning on Image
> logging for some amount of time. I've used this before and
> remember it had a
> lot of overhead related to it. Does anyone have any real stats about
> overhead related to turning on image logging? [...]46_12Aug200412:29:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:17:51 -0400
I must admit I am quite dumb founded that no one has apparently ever
conducted a study of the reliability of the HP3000 Turbo Image database as
compared to other OS based offerings as I did not receive one reply.

In an effort to solicit any replies, I would like to put forth a another
question to the list, how many times have you encountered an irrecoverable
database corruption situation versus the number of years your experience
covers ?

I am attempting to surmise the 'vulnerability' of a Image database without
logging as opposed to one with logging.

Regards,

Reid E. Baxter

----- Forwarded by Reid E Baxter/OH/ONE on 08/13/2004 04:07 PM -----

                      Reid E Baxter            To:       [log in to unmask]
                                               cc:
                      08/12/2004 01:48         Subject:  OS-XM-Image Reliability VS Other OS Platforms Solutions
                      PM

Has anyone done a study of the reliability of the 'all in one' vendor (HP)
solution versus other OS platforms and their respective transaction
managers and third party databases ? I am currently attempting to explain
to individuals that are not HP3000 literate the differences. Any input
would be appreciated.  I am specifically looking for reliability
percentages if possible.  Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Reid E. Baxter

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.