HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 3

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:35:02 -0700
At 03:54 AM 7/21/2004, John Dunlop wrote:
>Gee,
>
>I wish someone would tell these so-called "republicans" that just
>because they are known as "the right" it doesn't mean that they are
>"right" all the time.  :o)
>
>In fact, if Denys, Tim, Jim etc would take a step back and look closely
>at what they have been saying and the opinions they express , they would
>understand better why the Americans are the most hated people on the
>planet earth at the present time.

Yea, I bet those people in Iraq really hate us right now.  You know, I'd
really love it if the US were to withdraw all aid to all countries for a
couple of years, take care of ourselves and then you can tell us how much
you hate us.  Let's look at some facts about the US:

The United States of America has set more people free than any other
country in the history of mankind. We all know about World War II, but
here's what's happened recently:

In Eastern Europe, the policies of Ronald Reagan led to the freeing of at
least 122 million people from Soviet domination.

More than 48 million South Koreans remain free because of American protection.

Nearly 23 million Taiwanese remain free because of American protection.

The state of Israel and five and a half million Jews would be crushed by
its enemies if not for American aid.

By removing the brutal regimes in Iraq and Afghanistan, America and Britain
have given almost 50 million people at least a shot at some kind of
self-determination. Also, the American-driven campaign against the butcher
Milosovic in the Balkans saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of
people, most of them Muslims.

America is sending $3 billion a year to Africa to combat the AIDS epidemic.
By comparison Canada is sending $270 million, France a paltry $60 million.

Yea, we are soooo evil.

>Cheers,
>
>John Dunlop
>
>E-mail : [log in to unmask]      "If at first you don't succeed..
>Web : http://www.hp3000links.com    Don't take up sky-diving !"
>"All your HP e3000 resources on the Net"
>(Mirror: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~jdunlop/index.html)

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President