HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 2

Dave Oksner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:22:12 -0700
Hey, at least they didn't call security (I don't know if that old story is
an urban legend, or not, but it's still funny).

Dave

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 01:41:33PM -0400, Paul Courry wrote:
> I gave a $2 bill to a person at McDonalds and the cashier refused to accept it. He said it was not real money. I had to call the manager over who had to order him to accept it.
> <shakes headf>. What are we raising when our kids can get out of school without even knowing  the denominations of US currency?
>
> Paul
>

> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:33:32 -0400, Brice Yokem wrote:
>
> >Last week I purchased a burger for $1.58.  I handed the cashier $2.00
> >and started digging for some change. I pulled out 8 cents and gave it
> >to her. She stood there with $2 and 8 cents. She looked bewildered,
> >holding the nickel and 3 pennies, while looking at the screen on her
> >register.

+----------David Oksner-----http://www.case.net/-----------+
|Law of Reruns:                                            |
|  If you have watched a TV series only once, and you watch|
|it again, it will be a rerun of the same episode.         |