HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 2

From:
"Gehan G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan G.
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:22:55 -0700
Fellow HP users,
 I'm working on a java program which writes a text file to be
transfered to the HP and printed.

 In my java program I use \n and \t for new line characters and
tab character. The newline works fine but the \t seems to also
just break to a new line...

The actual binary codes for the sequences:
\n = 0D 0A
\t = 09

 I was wondering where I can find a list of which ones are valid
and I can safely use and/or what the real tab sequence is on
mpe/ix 6.0..

Any help would be much appricated,
Thanks,
Gehan Gehale