HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 1

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:51:09 -0500
You mean as in: "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is"?

Wirt Atmar

No, I mean in how you define 'Start a war'.

For instance.  Apologists for the Japanese participation in Pearl Harbor
say we 'forced' them to do that because of our trade sanctions and other
ways of refusing to support the Japanese conquest of the Far East.  So
if you agree with them, then we DID 'start' WWII.

We are a sovereign nation and thus have a right to choose who our trade
partners are.  That is not an act of war.

My claim is that Iraq 'Started' this war by invading Kuwait.  We drove
him out and agreed to leave Iraq alone if he agreed to a treaty. Saddam
has broken the treaty and so we do not have to leave him alone.