HP3000-L Archives

March 2003, Week 1

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:02:41 -0500
To Mr Yokem and others who are espousing the "Might is right"
philosophy, you may have heard of a song by  John Lennon called
"Imagine" which says things so much better than I can.

Sometimes I despair that our "civilisation" is becoming less
civilised.

Cheers,

John Dunlop

Clearly I have not espoused this 'Might is Right' stuff, or I would not
have posted my justifications for the coming conflict.  All I would
have said was we should go to war because we can, and I don't believe
that.

I am familiar with the song.  John Lennon was an avowed Marxist and
these values are evident in the song.  Marxist values are closer to
the 'Might is Right' philosophy than mine are.