HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 4

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:25:07 -0500
Because some command scripts we have prompt
for LDEV number for output, we are having
some doofuses entering bizarre numbers at
the prompt that are not printers.

Does anyone know of a quick and dirty method
of determining whether and LDEV is a spooled
printer rather than a Disc or Term?

(This question is at the command prompt level
no 3rd or 4th GL or program Intrinsic is involved.)

VESoft is an option.

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors