HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:03:27 -0400
> configure it
> >all from scratch, and then migrate your applications and
> data over to the
> >new system, test everything, and then swap out the backup
> server for the
> >production one.
>
> What he said.
>
> Having been through several of these, this method is actually
> WAY faster
> than doing the "upgrade", because the inevitable errors cost almost
> nothing to fix: just copy the relevant untouched files from
> either the CD
> or the production box.

This assumes that one in fact knows what everything is. I inherited one
server here, whose daddy is no longer here. There are parts of what he did
that I know that I don't know, which leaves me wondering what else I don't
know or know about.

But no HPSUSAN to worry about; there's a paradigm shift.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com