HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 2

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:38:05 EDT
I'd say that something is very wrong with your electrical supply.  Way out of
spec voltage could have interesting effects in places besides your computer
room.  I'd suggest making a few phone calls to you company's electrician and
your local electrical utility.  This sounds like an ongoing problem not a
once-in-a-great-while thing that UPS units are designed to handle.  You may
still need to buy a UPS/regulator device but no matter how good a unit you
find, it will only correct the problem where it is installed and the root
cause (bad equipment/setting at the utility?) is what really needs long term
attention.

Wayne Boyer (here in California where we have NO PROBLEMS with
electricity!..other than the gigantic cost in tax dollars!)