HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 5

From:
Gregory Aberto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gregory Aberto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:17:13 -0500
Hi,

Sorry for the english but I'm French and not very good in this language...

We are a small company which have 2 HP3000 and many other HP products
(LaserJet DeskJet Scanner PC  PCServers).

All was good for the 3000 in March 2001, now this is another 'way of life'

My chairman doesn't agree this unilateral decision and decide himself to
not buy another HP product in the futur.

We hope that this action if other companies follow us would perhaps change
the HP decision.

Why are we doing this ?

1/ HP3000 is a good solution and we have all our applications on them
2/ If HP can do this with the 3000 why doesn't with 9000 ?
3/ Where can we find other system :
      - HP-UX is most expensive (server most powerful needed and soft from
third party with all the problems that can exist)
      - NT, 2000 or XP, sorry Mr Bill but we not accept your whishes to
be 'master of the world'
      - Linux is not really a good solution actually
4/ we don't have billions of Euro to put in the migration after Y2K and
EURO projects...

Many companies have HP3000 in the world, we hope that this action will be
follow by them.

For all who agree with us: thanks a lot !!!