HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 5

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:14:05 -0800
No necessarily.

You need to consider what the UI is and how it
gets deployed when running with *nix, including
the costs, support issues, and performance over
a WAN.

The *nix solution will be xwin...

Most end-users already have a win-box sitting
on their desks you have a built-in UI support
environment with *no* additional cost or s/w
deployment.

Now, if everyone removes win and installes linux
on their desktop then I would agree with you...

duane