HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 3

From:
"Coombs, Darryl" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coombs, Darryl
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:59:28 -0300
I had the same problem not long ago.
If you convert the PARM= from hex to dec you get the IP 161.195.121.32 which
should be the router that your system is having trouble with.
My problem was that the routing table was not configured correctly in NMMGR.
A network was set up on the wrong gateway.

With the help of several people on this list I found my solution.  Following
is some info I got from a knowledge base article (DocID: KBRC00000601 which
I just did a search for and didn't find??):

You can use NETTOOL.NET.SYS to see your routing list:
:NETTOOL.NET.SYS
>>>NA
>>>RO
>>>RO
(your routing table will print on screen)
>>>QUIT

You can then use NMMGR to see what gateways you have configured and what
reachable networks are on them (and make adjustments).
:NMMGR.pub.sys
(using softkeys)
OPEN CONFIG, NS, UNGUIDED CONFIG, Go To NETXPORT, Go To NI, Modify (the NI
in question, probably LAN1), Go To INTERNET, Modify (the gateway name)

If you make any changes in NMMGR make sure you press SAVE DATA and then go
to the UTILITY screen and VALIDATE NETXPORT.  You can then leave NMMGR and
at the system prompt type:

:NETCONTROL NET=(your NI name);UPDATE=INTERNET

This will update the network settings without rebooting or even stopping the
network.

HTH,
Darryl

Darryl Coombs, MCSE
IT Support Administrator
Air Atlantic
PO Box 13190 Station "A"
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada   A1B 4A4
phone:  (709) 570-0682
fax:    (709) 570-0870