HP3000-L Archives

October 2000, Week 3

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 22:07:20 -0700
daniel writes:
> Is there a problem with MPE/iX 5.5 reading jar files.

I think older versions of Java had problems reading compressed Jar files, so
if you're using a pre-1.2.x version, this might explain your problem (and
the solution is to upgrade to a much more recent version).

Otherwise I'm not aware of any problems in this area.  I assume you added
the Jar file to the CLASSPATH and it was readable, etc.

Make sure that any Jar files you move to the 3000 are converted to
bytestream format for best performance.

G.