HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 5

From:
Steve Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:58:39 -0500
One rule of thumb we've taken with any tape from Nobix is to set it on the
shelf and wait. More than likely, we will get a call within a week saying
"Whatever you do, DON'T LOAD THAT TAPE!". For this year-end update, we ended
up getting three tapes. For the prior update, it was four or five. When we
updated to 6.1 last May, we were in the 'download of the day club' for a
week.

Version 6.x of the Job Rescue line is significantly faster at scanning
spoolfiles and stdlists, and can run a schedule with far fewer delays
between jobs. For that, we are pleased with it. Unfortunately, the new user
interface is about as bad as one can design ('design' being a generous term)
with no consistency from screen to screen. Our users despise it. And, as
this thread has indicated, QA has not been very good lately.

Steve Miller
Portion Pac, Inc