HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 5

From:
john edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:23:44 -0800
Hi
If you extend that concept you could have a
generalised job monitoring system:
1) Have a system logon UDC that for batch jobs,
creates a file with the same name as the job ie J#####
2) The last step of the job deletes the file.
3) Have another job that wakes up every so often and
does a health check. It compares the list of J#####
files with the jobs still running. Files without
executing jobs represent jobs that aborted. The
monitoring job can then be as fancy as you like - send
emails, etc.
Regards
John Edwards