HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 4

From:
"Stigers, Greg [And]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Greg [And]
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:40:51 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
OK, but isn't there a difference between the indirect manipulation the genes
by selective breeding (even at the level of the gametes) and directly
manipulating them at the sub-cellular level? To draw an analogy with the
mind/brain, learning to read may altar my brain structure indirectly, but I
find that easier to accept than neurosurgery.