HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 4

From:
"James Clark,Florida" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Clark,Florida
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:25:31 -0500
If all your jobs are started from a scheduler or command prompt and idea
would be for you to write a job wrapper. Given job name as a parameter, this
script would log on as a job then stream the actual job you are interested
in. Get the job# from the new CIVARS and do a wait for that job to finish.
When your actual job logs off then wait is satisfied and you can then send
your messages from wrapper job.
If your jobs are imbedded within other jobs then this option fails the
restriction of not allowing job modification.

James