HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 4

From:
GREG CHAPLIN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
GREG CHAPLIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:05:13 +1000
AFAIK, the only Y2k problem that a terminal emulator could have is with
dates on file transfers. What else would a termulator be doing with dates? (or
am I simplifying things a bit too much?).

We have a number of external users who are using some very old versions of
Reflection, including one using Reflection for DOS. Some of those users are
refusing to upgrade to a "Y2k compliant" version, and we can't make them
upgrade, but I'm not too concerned. I'm sure that WRQ would be pushing the
line that old versions must be upgraded, because there's money to be made
from it!

As an aside, a number of Mac users have received the LATEST version of
Reflection for Macintosh (4.26). However, according to the WRQ website,
that version is NOT Y2k-compliant!! And I have to explain this to those users.
 :-(

Allan Chalmers wrote:
> Having not gotten all my PCs upgraded to version 7, I've tested 5.1 and
> can find no problems.  Anyone tell me where this version fails?  WRQ
> won't, so I go to the font of knowledge.  Many thanks in advance.  I'm
> sure others would like to know this too.

Greg Chaplin
UniSuper
Level 28, 367 Collins St,
Melbourne  VIC  3000,