HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 4

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:14:09 +0100
Srinidhi wrote...
>Can Anyone tell me, where can  I get the JDBC download for mpe 5.5.

It used to be on Jazz, but only during the beta test.

As far as I understand, the HP JDBC has not been released for 5.5 and
is not supported by HP on 5.5 (i.e. you cannot complain at the HP RC or
labs, if something does not work or work as expected). However from the
technical point of view it would be possible to restore @.JDBC.SYS from
an MPE/iX 6.0 Express-1 SUBSYS tape and follow the ReadMe instructions.
This worked for me in the past, but -of course- this does not guarantee
anything...

You would not want to use this unsupported setup in production context,
but it might be a nice way to get in touch with the material and start
prototyping applications, probably being ready-to-go by the time your
system(s) are updated to 6.0 (after the "Y2K freeze", for example).

Lars "only speaking for myself"