HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 4

From:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:15:32 -0500
Steve,

In October I performed a reload and posted to the list a copy of my
checklist that I used during the process. Here is the list as copied from
that e-mail.
And yes, the ;PROGRESS option is valid.

1) Clean tape drives
2) Create two SLT tapes
3) Test SLT tapes with CHECKSLT.MPEXL.TELESUP
4) Clean tape drives
5) Stop network services
6) Perform FULL BACKUP on DLT tape drive
        STORE
@[log in to unmask]@;*BACKF;show=long;ONERROR=QUIT;PROGRESS=5;DIRECTORY;STATISTICS;MAXTAPEB
UF

7) Perform PART BACKUP on DDS drives using parallel option of STORE(stores
data bases and special files)
        STORE
@[log in to unmask],@.FILES.WWA;;SHOW=LONG;ONERROR=QUIT;PROGRESS=5;DIRECTORY;STATISTI
CS;
        MAXTAPEBUF;STORESET=(*BACKA),(*BACKB)

8) HP replaces drive (VOLUTIL)
9) Boot from ALT path using SLT tape
10) INSTALL
11) Re-boot system from PRI path
        START NORECOVERY
12) Perform RESTORE from DLT tape
        RESTORE ;@[log in to unmask]@;directory;show;olddate;progress;create=creator;keep
13) Re-boot system from PRI path
        START NORECOVERY
14) Test software packages, check for data intergrity, check network
connections, check terminal connections, check printers

Rick Clark
Senior Systems Analyst
WW&R
Cleveland, Ohio