HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:03:21 GMT
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:48:06 -0500, "Stafford, Curt"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It is because of the lack of protein available in the native foods of
>their diet.   There are very few large animals on the island and all of
>the food plants are low in protein.

I have my doubts as to the validity of this explanation.  Might not
the contents of their diet been built around the fact they were flesh
eaters.  Not all the tribes in NG were man eaters at the time they
were "discovered".  Although from my readings most races indulged in
the practice at some stage it seems to have been something that they
tended to grow out of as their technology/development progressed.