HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:24:16 -0800
It appears that the Allegro world headquarters must be gargantuan in
size.  The employees are constantly using e-mail and 3000-L to
communicate to each other instead of walking down the hall.  Witness
today's exchange.   -) <g>

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.

A customer of ours is trying to install PP7 and a subsys.  While on
Phase2 of PATCHIX,
PATCHIX aborted with:
Attempt to read past EOF. PASCERR  694
File is TEMPLST2

While searching the HP3000 archives, I noticed that Ken Slettenran ran
into this same problem
some time back.   From what I could tell  from his posting his problem
was solved by first
mounting the SUBSYS tape  before the CSLT created by Patch\IX.  My
customer did this the
first time  but he still got the error.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Barry Durand

Barry Durand           [log in to unmask]
Allegro Consultants    408.252.2330
Opinions are mine, not my employer's

Hey Barry,

What happens if you try setting a file equation for TEMPLST2 before
running
the process? Perhaps, just to be safe, bump it up to 500,000 or some
other
large number.

May not work, just a shot in the dark, but perhaps wort a try...

Barry Lake                                 [log in to unmask]
Allegro Consultants, Inc.                  www.allegro.com
(408)252-2330