HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:29:51 EST
Paul writes:

> I was just wondering: is SETIathome's server down?  My app hasn't been able
> to connect in a little over a day now...

The SETI@home people write the following on the top of their webpage:

"We are experiencing a major problem with our data base servers that is
preventing users from connecting. Please bear with us as we try to solve this
today. Details will follow in Technical News Reports."

I suspect a bit of panic is settling in over a small section of Berkeley
right about now. Fixing anything under pressure is hard. Fixing something
with 1.5 million looking over your shoulder has got to be somewhat harder
still.

Wirt Atmar