HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Kevin O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:45:39 -0000
Hi Jeff and others,

thanks for the help, it now works a treat.

one thing still puzzles me though,

take the following

----------------------------------
:LISTF XYZ,2
Non-existent file. (CIERR 907)
:LISTFTEMP @,2
Temporary file not found. (CIWARN 3289)
:SHOWJOB > XZY
:CALC FINFO("XZY",19)
74, $4A, %112
:LISTFTEMP @,2

TEMPORARY FILES FOR K0001.SYS,TEST

ACCOUNT=  SYS         GROUP=  COMFILES

FILENAME  CODE  ------------LOGICAL RECORD-----------  ----SPACE----
                  SIZE  TYP        EOF      LIMIT R/B  SECTORS #X MX

XZY               256B  VA          74      10000   1       32  1  * (TEMP)

I would still like to understand whether FINFO should or should not be able
to function on
files in the temporary domain, if there are no fileeqs to assist it.

Confused,

Kev

the email administrator - [log in to unmask]