HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:40:29 -0800
Re:
> > Does anyone know what the PIN 11 system process does?  I have a friend that
> It's the Transaction  Manager (XM)  Checkpoiint  process [...]

Although that's correct for recent releases of MPE/iX, it isn't always true.

On older releases, it may be a different process.  That's why it's important
to look to see what it really is (cf: prior posts).
For example, in 1993 on MPE/iX 4.5, pin 11 was spsnet_process_init on many
machines.

That aside, thanks for the info Nagarajan!

> writes out the dirty pages of the files attached to XM (mainly database

Stan
Stan Sieler                                           [log in to unmask]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html          www.allegro.com/sieler