HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:37:15 -0500
I am impressed with the fact that in 1981 Eugene even knew the word
prognostication. How old was he then 10 or 11? I am proud to be in the same
species as this brilliant young man. His prognostication may not be as good
as his product but what is?

The truth is the HP3000 as we knew it in 1981 would not survive in today's
market. The HP3000 has grown into the server it is today. I think that the
normal evolutionary process would have left the HP3000 stuck out on some
dead limb of the computer family tree. The fact that HP did not die is due
to revolution not evolution. As we all know the results of revolution are
not easy to predict. (I personally think that instead of INVENT they should
have used REVOLT.)