HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Bill Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:38:14 -0800
PIN 11 is typically a Transaction Manager post process. (If you have
multiple volume sets you will have more XM post processes.) It is by
definition (almost) that this process will show heavy activity since it is
probably performing most of the posts to disk on your system.

There really isn't much you can do about it so tuning per se isn't
possible.  However, if you have the ability to break up your application(s)
into multiple volume sets you could balance the XM postings.  This would
probably result is smoother response times but it's not guaranteed.

Good luck.

Bill Lancaster