HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Noel Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Noel Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:07:28 -0500
"Johnson, Tracy" wrote:

> Here's one for millenium paranoia:
>
> contributed by: "Ted Shiffer" <[log in to unmask]>
> [The editorial comments are Ted's, not mine.]
> PALM BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 15, 1999-- Inserted just under the
> skin, with maintenance-free regenerating power supply, miniature ``Digital
> Angel(R)'' has multi-billion dollar market potential.

It may not be the best thing in the world, but I can't too excited about
its
negative aspects.  I don't think any American is going to have this kind
of
device forcibly implanted in his skull or where ever.  If it helps
secure
personal possessions, it might be a good thing.  Is the auto a good
thing?
Autos are instrumental in killing about 40,000 Americans yearly.

Those who rail against technology without seeing the results first are
being foolish, IMHO.  Remember the Luddites (sp?).  The Internet can be
used
to entice for immoral purposes.  Shall we give it up because of its
possible misuse.  I think not.

Nick D.