HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 3

From:
Dave Knispel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Knispel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:05:00 -0500
Here's what we do.  We have a command file called FTPPUT that we use to put
files to a FTP server.  We also have a command file called FTPGET and
FTPDEL.  This simplifies things on the programmers end.

Syntax
FTPPUT ftpserver ftpuser password fromfile tofile binary_switch

Here's the command file...

USER DEFINED COMMAND FILE:  FTPPUT.CMD.UTIL

PARM host_in,user_in,password_in,local_file_in,remote_file_in,binary="N"
COMMENT ********************************************************
COMMENT * This program uses FTP to send the local_file_in to   *
COMMENT *   the remote_file_in on the host_in FTP server.  The *
COMMENT *   user_in and password_in are used to log on to      *
COMMENT *   the remote FTP server.  Host_in can be any valid   *
COMMENT *   FTP address or host name that has an FTP server    *
COMMENT *   running. Default transfer is ascii. Set binary=Y   *
COMMENT *   to transfer using bin                              *
COMMENT ********************************************************
SETVAR put_cmd_file "PUTFILE"
COMMENT *************************************************
COMMENT * Purge old put command file                    *
COMMENT *************************************************
PURGE !put_cmd_file,TEMP > $null
COMMENT ***********************************
COMMENT * Build the FTP put command file. *
COMMENT ***********************************
ECHO open !host_in                      >  !put_cmd_file
ECHO user !user_in                      >> !put_cmd_file
ECHO !password_in                       >> !put_cmd_file
IF UPS(LFT("!binary",1)) = "Y"
ECHO bin                                >> !put_cmd_file
ENDIF
ECHO put !local_file_in !remote_file_in >> !put_cmd_file
ECHO quit                               >> !put_cmd_file
COMMENT * Run FTP taking input from the put command file. *
RUN FTP.ARPA.SYS ; STDIN=!put_cmd_file
DELETEVAR put_cmd_file

David Knispel
Phone: 513-248-5029