HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:51:15 +0000
In article <[log in to unmask]>
, Ron Wallace <[log in to unmask]> writes
>I worked with a fellow who told me he had gone to a logic conference.  One group
>there purposed the earth was on a turtles back.  When questioned about what was
>supporting the turtle.
>
>The response was:  "It is turtles all the way down"
>
>One of the truly great answers to a deep question.
>
>If Big Kev is watching the list, he could correct my version of the story and my
>English.

Try page 1 of Stephen Hawking's 'A Brief History of Time'.

(The popular canard being that despite the enormous *ownership* of this
book, the *readership* often doesn't get a whole lot further).
--
Roy Brown        'Tried that Creationist site, BTW.
Kelmscott Ltd     Boy, is that ever a hard row to hoe'.