HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:09:18 -0800
Martin,

Something along the commands that follow should do it:

setvar a '"COMMANDS IGNORED UNTIL MATCHING ENDIF"'
showvar a
setvar b REPL(a,'"',"'")
showvar b

Regards
Paul H. Christidis

I'm reading lines from a file into a !FIELD then tesing this field for various
strings thus:

IF POS("test val","!FIELD")>0
    {do code for value found}
ENDIF

The problem is that the lines being read can contain single quotes and double
quotes. If I use double quotes in the POS function and the !FIELD has double
quotes also, I get an error. Is there some function that will change all
occurences of " in !FIELD to a single quote? Something along the lines
of:

SETVAR !FIELD,MAGICFUNC("!FIELD")

so that I can preprocess the line before I test it.

nb. the point of the UDC is to read in a STDLIST spoolfile and only echo the
statemnts that were executed. I find it confusing sometimes when looking at job
output to keep track in my mind if i'm in a "COMMANDS IGNORED UNTIL MATCHING
ENDIF" bit or a "RESUME" bit. Is there already a COMMAND in MPE that screens out
the irrelevant output from a STDLIST? Even if there is I'd
still like to know the answer to the above, if possible