HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:36:44 EST
We're getting ready to produce this year's batch of QueryCalc-inspired and
-produced calendars. If you would like one, and you live in the US or Canada,
please e-mail me your name and mailing address.

The calendars are wall-sized (2 feet by 3 feet), large enough to be written
on, with each being personalized by having your name writ large on it. The
calendars are produced wholly on an HP3000 while running in batch, using only
QueryCalc, drawing the relevant information from an IMAGE database and
printed on a large-format color inkjet HP755CM DesignJet printer that's
networked to the HP3000. This is the same printer that produced "The World's
Largest Poster" a few years ago at Anaheim.

While "suitable-for-framing" may be a bit of an overstatement, many people do
tell me that they do frame theirs (actually, I do too). If you did want to
frame your copy, the calendar is of the precise size that drops into one of
the inexpensive poster frames you can readily find at most any mall.

If you received a calendar last year, you don't need to ask for one again
this year -- unless you've moved. Otherwise, you're assured of receiving one
again this year. But if you haven't been receiving them in the past and would
like one, don't hesitate to ask.

Wirt Atmar