HP3000-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:22:26 -0800
Not at all -- unless it's a totally new system you're talking about.  Adding or
replacing CPU's in an existing MPE/iX system should not result in a new HPSUSAN
value.  Certain repair or upgrade scenarios may exist which would require the
HPSUSAN to change, but I've never encountered one.  Think of the thrill of
having to contact all your software vendors (who use HPSUSAN copy protection) in
the middle of the night to get new activation codes.    :-)
----
Lee Gunter                    The Regence Group
Supervisor, TRG HP/MPE Systems     503.375.4498
----
Opinions expressed are solely mine.